Choosing an Eye Doctor
When considering a potential eye doctor for optical services, consider such factors as:
- Experience and credentials
- Commitment to achieving your best vision results
- Personalized one-on-one time with the eye doctor
- Eye doctor's willingness to address all of your questions and concerns
Choosing an experienced eye doctor is important. An experienced eye doctor has seen more vision cases than an inexperienced eye doctor, and may be more adept at preventing, diagnosing and treating vision problems. During a consultation or beforehand, you should ask about the eye doctor's credentials, including checking for the eye doctor's license to practice and for where the doctor went to school.
Additionally, you should feel comfortable around your eye doctor. You should feel like you can bring up your questions and concerns, and that your eye doctor will take the time to answer them. Good communication with your eye doctor is key to achieving your vision goals.
Dr. Stephen Wilmarth is a board-certified ophthalmologist and has been practicing eye care for more than three decades. Dr. Wilmarth is dedicated to achieving each of his patient's best vision, and he provides the personalized care necessary to achieve this result.
If you are searching for an experienced, knowledgeable and caring Sacramento eye doctor, please contact Wilmarth Eye and Laser Center to schedule a complimentary vision consultation.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.